Such individuals and organisations include:
- Unregistered website visitors
- Private individuals who actively registered their personal data to access our website
- Business clients who register their personal data with VPL to access our website
Our Beliefs and Promise
- We have a duty of care to the individuals and organisations for which we process and store data on our systems
- We will not contact individuals or organisations with irrelevant or unsolicited messages
- Individuals and organisations data has a financial and security cost to store, so we only store and process data which is lawful and for as long as is necessary
- We will never share individuals or organisations data with any other private organisation or VPL associated companies, or make public individuals and organisations information
- We may only disclose Individuals or organisations personal data if we are required to by Law
User Privacy and Data Protection
VPL regard an individual’s privacy and data protection as a human right, and we are actively ensuring our systems and processes comply to the following United Kingdom (“UK”) and European Union (“EU”) legislation:
- UK Data Protection Act 1988 (DPA)
- EU Data Protection Directive 1995 (DPD)
- EU General Data Protection Regulation 2018 (GDPR)
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We ask you to register your personal data with VPL so you are able to access certain features such as purchasing products online.
Such personal data includes:
- An email address
- A persons’ first name
- A persons’ last name
- Contact number
- The company name the person is employed by
This personal data is stored on our Website Server and used for the purpose of legitimate interest and allows an individual further access to our websites features without the requirement to repeat the registration process.
If an individual has consented by opting in to further contact by VPL through occasional marketing emails, their personal data will be used by authorised VPL marketing personnel solely for this purpose. Marketing emails from VPL are very occasional.
Any individual who wishes to register their personal data with our website who is under 16 years of age must obtain parental consent before they try to register.
Our website includes a Stockist Application and Contact Us which allows an individual to enter their personal details for the appropriate enquiry. This personal data is sent to an appropriate VPL representative via email and is not stored on our Website Server.
When you make contact with us via our website we will retain certain information submitted by you in order to take action on your enquiry. All such information is held locally and on our secure server.
A cookie is a simple text file that is stored on your computer or mobile device by a website’s server and only that server will be able to retrieve or read the contents of that cookie. Each cookie is unique to your web browser. It will contain some anonymous information such as a unique identifier and the site name and some digits and numbers. It allows a website to remember things like your preferences or what’s in your shopping basket.
Some people may find the idea of a website storing information on their computer or mobile device a bit intrusive, particularly when this information is stored and used by a third party without them knowing. If you prefer, it is possible to block some or all cookies, or even to delete cookies that have already been set.
If you wish to restrict or block web browser cookies which are set on your device then you can do this through your browser settings; the Help function within your browser should tell you how. Alternatively, you may wish to visit www.aboutcookies.org, which contains comprehensive information on how to do this on a wide variety of desktop browsers.